Version published on February 27, 2017
1.- Definition and function of cookies
Cookies allow Early Start, among other things, to store and recover information about the User’s browsing habits. Based on the information that the cookies contain and the manner that the device is used to access the Platform, they can be used to recognize the User.
The User can decline to accept cookies by activating their browser’s configuration. However, if the User selects this configuration, they may be unable to access specific pages or services from the Platform.
2.- Types of Cookies and the purposes of use
While browsing the Website or accessing the Platform, different types of cookies are used.
In the Application, Early Start uses the cookies which are detailed below:
- Strictly necessary cookies are used to provide the specific services expressly requested by the User and can help proper browsing or to ensure that the content of a website is loaded effectively. If cookies are deactivated, the User may be unable to receive the established services and contents correctly.
- First-party cookies are the cookies which are sent to the User’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the User is provided.
- Third-party cookies are those which are sent to the User’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain which is not managed by the publisher, but rather by another entity which processes the data obtained through the cookies.
- Analytic cookies monitor and collect statistical data about the activity, with the purpose of guaranteeing the best User service possible.
- Advertising cookies manage the advertising spaces based on criteria such as the frequency of displaying the advertisements.
- Session cookies are designed to collect and store data while the User accesses a web page.
- Geolocation cookies are used to determine which country or place the User is located when a service is requested. This cookie is totally anonymous and is only used to help orient the content to the User’s location.
|First-party or strictly necessary cookies|
|ASP.net||Information about unique session identifier||Keep information about the User’s session.|
|NetScaler||Session load control on load-balancer||Allows the load of the nodes servicing the application to be improved.|
|AutologinDomain||User information (User and password) of the product which the User is browsing.||This cookie is used to be able to access other products contracted from Wolters Kluwer, without the need to type in the credentials again.|
|CookiePDF||Validation of the storage of Multimedia documents (avi, pdf, jpg,….)||Controls access to viewing multimedia documents included in the product (pdf, rtf, gif, tif, avi, etc.) depending on whether or not the individual is a User.|
|BackSpaceIds||Browsing history||Control the browser’s “back” button to show the pages which have been viewed previously.|
|myCookie||User’s encrypted password for Wolters Kluwer products.||Makes it possible for the User to not have to type in the product password upon access, if this option has been selected.|
|Count||(Only applies to the CissOnline product.) Viewing the welcome popup page||Depending on the option selected by the User, the device will show or block the welcome popup page for the product and reminders for the User and other information of interest which allow for better usability of the app.|
|Analytic Cookies||Nielsen||Statistics on the number of page visits, browsing times, browser types, etc.||To compile and unify statistical statistics about each site’s traffic and total audience about certain product elements (for example clicks on a specific advertising campaign)||http://www.nielsen.com/content/corporate/policy/en/cookie-policy.html|
|Google Analytics||Statistics about the number of page visits, browsing times, browser types, browsing statistics, redirections, search engines, referred sites, etc.||To compile and unify statistical reports about the traffic of each site, total audience, visits to specific pages, monitoring clicks on specific parts of the site, etc..||https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
|ComScore||Statistics for marketing research||To compile information about the type of site, activity and services offered to understand the type, size and characteristics of the audience.||http://www.scorecardresearch.com/preferences.aspx|
|Advertising||AdTech||Frequency and topics of the advertisements displayed||The stored cookies are used to keep information about the browser type, operating system and the date and time when each banner is shown on the page. This way it measures the frequency that these banners are viewed and we can report this statistical information to our advertisers.||http://www.youronlinechoices.com/opt-out-interface|
(*) The information obtained through these cookies concerning the User’s equipment may be combined with your personal data only if you are registered in the Application
Most browsers currently allow Users to configure if they want to accept cookies and which ones to accept. These adjustments can be found in the “options” or “preferences” tab on your browser’s menu.
These are the instructions to configure the cookies on the major browsers.
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Configuration.
For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or browser Help from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Privacy -> Content settings.
For more information, you can consult Google support or browser Help from https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: Tools -> Preferences -> Privacy panel-> History -> Use custom settings for history.
For more information, you can consult Mozilla support or browser Help from https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Cookies-and-cache/Enable-and-disable-cookies-that-websites-use-to-track-your/ta-p/2784
- Safari: Preferences -> Privacy.
For more information, you can consult Apple support or browser Help from http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
For any questions or help required, the User can contact us through the “HELP” section or through the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3.- Deactivating or deleting cookies
It is possible to block, cancel or delete the cookies installed on the User’s device through configuring the options of the browser installed on the User’s device. For mobile devices, in order to know how to proceed in the User’s mobile telephone browser, the User must consult their device’s manual. Below, as an example, we show Users how to deactivate or delete cookies on the main browsers:
To deactivate or delete cookies in Firefox:
To deactivate or delete cookies in Chrome:
To deactivate or delete cookies in Explorer:
To deactivate or delete cookies in Safari:
To deactivate or delete cookies in Opera:
Furthermore, the User must consider which features of the Platform’s contents are only available if cookies are allowed to be installed on the User’s browser. If you decide not to accept or to block specific cookies (based on their purpose), this may affect the Platform’s normal functioning in part or in its entirety or it may impede access to certain Services.
4.- Updates and changes in the Cookies Policy
Early Start may modify this Cookies Policy based on legislative or regulatory changes, or with the goal of adapting this policy to instructions or directives dictated by the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
When significant changes occur in this Cookies Policy, these changes will be communicated to the User whether through an informative notification on the Platform or, if appropriate, through an email to the Users.
If as a User you want more information about how we use the cookies, you can send us an email at email@example.com.